6.2.05: Turing Machismo
Okay first, try and understand that it's possible to have ESP for some people and then allow me to mention that I'm pretty sure I have at least some form of it. Try not to get too turned off, because I can account for many particulars which have made me a little weary. I've just basically given in to what I believe is an advanced sense of knowledge. For some reason, without being prompted or having previous knowledge of something, I get flashes of a phrase or thoughts that are then stimulated by some guiding force to where the knowledge either lies in print or in vivid color before my eyes. So what would you call that? Perhaps some day a
psycho-paranormal scientist will coin a term for what I have. If I have mentioned Advanced Sense of Knowledge, it might already exist somewhere, although I thought I just made it up.

My latest spot of ASOK (ass-okay) was last week when I titled a blog for testing html scripts, "Turingmachismo". This was a short take off on Turing Machines, the first computing devices, data processors, created by Alan Turing in the fifties. I find later, after reading and gathering such info on the machines why I would be writing about this, at the time I created the title I didn't know what the exact content would be. So then I'm reading The Drudge Report and click on the link to read some headlines from The Times Online. Of course I don't have time to read all of it, I just kind of randomly pick out segments to read headlines and I chose Independent Minds. Now mind you, I have no idea what I'm going to find there, but what strikes me, is that I see a headline on, none other than Alan Turing and why his fame was basically kept from public view, when he should have been renowned for his accomplishments. He was the father of data processing and responsible for cracking the enigma codes of the Germans in World War II.

I find out, he was gay. Now this may not seem like such a coincidence to you, but I feel rather strange about it because it's a bizarre twist to the title I created before I read the column. "Machismo", I added to the title for no reason that I know of than I took a liking to the sound of it. I had only briefly encountered a glimpse of a Turing machine in the encyclopedia and I never knew who Alan Turing was. "Turing Machismo" was a fluke, out of nowhere, that I never imagined I would understand, but I thought of it so specifically, I wrote it down.

Anyone who attended computer programming 101, which I didn't, probably already knows about Alan Turing and Turing machines. Well maybe not, maybe they fell asleep during the boring parts of class. I never took computer programming classes, that was not to be my direction even if I had an interest in it. What's important here for me, is to know that whenever I come up with a new thought or image or title in my mind, there is always some official reason lurking behind it. Eventually it ends up in the news somewhere or a fact that lays dormant to me but is alive for someone else, and when I just happen to bring it up, they go bananas. I can't figure it out yet, but I'm hopeful that it will become useful for something. I always get a little excited when I'm writing and a word comes to mind, I put into the work and then look it up in the dictionary and thesaurus and find out it was exactly my intent, even though I wasn't all that familiar with using it beforehand. It was there, I picked it up somewhere and it was there. I was right. Some might say that's repressed memory, but I know that I had never heard of Turing machines until after I made up the title "Turing Machismo". I was on a completely different path at the time, so why now am I learning that Alan Turing was the father of code breaking and data processing for America's intelligence gathering and that he was destroyed by our own government because he was gay?

I think it's possible that I'm supposed to share my views on this information with you, because I feel our society and government in America sees itself, as "too good for reality". Back in the fifties, it was completely taboo for a man to be gay, openly or in public anyway, and even though Alan Turing was a genius who created the one thing that we all have or hope to have in our possession, the processor, he is a hidden icon in the world of computing because we as a country didn't want to sing praises for any homosexual, no matter what kind of heroism he displayed. It's fifty years past now and we still have problems with this subject. What has sex got to do with political prudence? The man successfully and sacrificially provided the armed services with a very powerful weapon needed to win the war against the Germans. If we can't let go of our incredulous, puritarian views of ourselves and understand that the American Dream (Man, woman, picket fence) is basically a facade, we'll never understand the new world order and how life is really supposed to be on this planet. And the same goes for the terrorist.


Big T was here 8:24 AM
******




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Mushy Inside
It's ALL or nothing
InfoManiac... I'm cold, unattached, even inside a relationship and will sacrifice self happiness for the greater good...
Experience in; Investigations, Computer Technologies, Marketing & Research, Writing, Film Composition, Video Editing, Digital Conversion




What's behind your name?




03.01.05
04.01.05
09.01.05
13.01.05
16.01.05
25.01.05
27.01.05
31.01.05
03.02.05
05.02.05
06.02.05
08.02.05
12.02.05
18.02.05
21.02.05
05.04.05
28.05.05
04.06.05
18.06.05
01.07.05
25.07.05
31.07.05
18.09.05
05.10.05
15.10.05
15.11.05
22.11.05
01.12.05
07.12.05
21.12.05
10.04.06
12.04.06
13.04.06
13.05.06
14.05.06
16.06.06
22.06.06
23.06.06
07.07.06
23.07.06
28.05.07
09.11.08
07.12.08
24.12.08
31.12.08
06.01.09
05.12.10
28.01.11
04.03.11
23.03.11
27.03.11
28.03.11
08.05.12
26.09.12
30.11.12
02.12.12
03.12.12
19.02.13

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Become One
Maddog's Doggie Style
simply luscious
A Star is Born
a gallery of plush
conscious


Layout bySk8er Boi :Yasin



Test Yourself